Eternal Life and How to Enjoy It: A First-Hand Account (Paperback)

Eternal Life and How to Enjoy It: A First-Hand Account
Eternal Life and How to Enjoy It is a real-life tour of what awaits us in the afterlife, as told by a guide Henry, who just happens to be dead. Author Gordon Phinn has been in communication with Henry for many years and brings us the tragicomic tale in his own inimitable style.Henry, a so-called “boring accountant,” relates how—immediately after being killed in a car crash—he is welcomed by the affable Jack, who guides him on his first day dead. We see this new world through Henry’s eyes and feel his amazement at every turn. Even better, we witness this stuffy “bean counter” let go of his suffering and guilt and turn into the fun-loving, carefree soul he truly is.After Henry gets used to the place, he becomes an afterlife guide himself, indulging the newly deceased in any whim or fantasy that will help them to “wake up and realize they’re dead.” Henry explains that most people have the afterlife experience their cultural and religious belief systems set them up for—including all the heavens, all the hells, and all the purgatories in between. When really, he says, we can view the afterlife as a constant progression towards the reunion with the god consciousness that we put aside to practice the art of being human.

Join the Conversation


  1. 2.0 out of 5 stars
    Same Old Stuff
    This book seems to have borrowed a lot of its ideas from Anthony Borgia’s “Life in the World Unseen,” but throws in some amoral sophistry, like nothing is really right or wrong…

  2. 5.0 out of 5 stars
    Confirmation and right on !!
    I could not put this book down. Ended up rereading several sections because it was confirmation of what I had also experienced in some of my OBE’s ( Out of Body Experiences )…

  3. 1.0 out of 5 stars
    Fiction at best
    This book is fiction at best. There is not an element of truth in it. It’s not worth the penny I paid for it.

  4. 5.0 out of 5 stars
    Highly recommended
    I found Gordon’s book to be utterly delightful and have recommended it to a number of friends.
    An aspect of the descriptions that was compelling to me was the lack of…

  5. 5.0 out of 5 stars
    Rates up there among the best afterlife books ever written.
    Eternal Life is right up there with the best afterlife books. Written with honesty, humor and many thought provoking ideas, ah ha’s, it had me entranced from cover to cover.

  6. Hi,
    I am Gordon Phinn, author of “Eternal life And How To Enjoy It”. Just a note to clarify the composition of the book. It was the result of many out of body experiences, had by me, during the winter of 1998/99. Some of these experiences seemed like lucid dreams, and others classic obe’s. About 70% of the narrative was written remembering these. The other 30% were channeled form “thought-forms” that Henry projected, after being asked by me to do so, into the “mental plane” level of consciousness, where I would plug in and describe the details that had been eluding me.
    The sequel to Eternal Life, “More Adventures In Eternity” was composed in much the same manner. My newest book, the novel “An American In Heaven”, is fiction, but fiction embroidered around many more obe experiences so that I could conflate characters and situations experienced by me, into a more entertaining story.
    hope that helps….gordon phinn

Leave a comment